I am sharing the link to a post this morning from Marie at A Miniature Clay Pot who was in the theatre with her two daughters when the shooting began. Take a few minutes to read her story about the events and please continue to pray for all those families whose lives have been forever changed because of this tragedy.
Linking up for week five of Sunday Social with Ashley and Neely! What is the Sunday Social? Go here to read about this fun link-up and then come join in!
Favorite TV show of the past
Little House On the Prairie, ALF, The Cosby Show, Friends, The Dukes of Hazzard, Three's Company, I Love Lucy, Everybody Loves Raymond, Dawson's Creek, ER
Favorite TV show currently
Duck Dynasty, Pretty Little Liars, Army Wives, Food Network Star, The Closer, Rizzoli & Isles, HGTV Design Star, So You Think You Can Dance, Dallas, Days of Our Lives, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Downtown Abbey
Which Reality Show would you NEVER do?
So You Think You Can Dance... Cause white girl can't dance!
Which Reality Show would you LOVE to do?
The Biggest Loser... Would love to get fit and lose this extra weight and make a lifestyle change!
TV personality/character that you feel is most like you?
Rachel on Friends
I had a very low-key fourth this year! With it being the middle of a work week, it was impossible to travel home to my parents. I missed being with my family and all the fun we have together.
I did go to my sister's for a little while and we made The Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls! This was on my 35 Before 35 list and I enlisted her help. It was a lot of fun spending the day in the kitchen with her and we did a pretty good job for our first try.
One of the great things about where I live is that it is adjacent to the city park and lake. Every year they host a fireworks show over the lake. I enjoyed the fireworks tonight from the comfort of my bed, in my PJ's.
I ended my night watching Dallas and getting ready for work. Hope you had a Happy Fourth of July!
Updates will be in red below on the original post. Love having this post to refer back to and to share with you the things cross of my list as I journey towards 35!
Today I turn 34 years old. It's hard to believe that I am one more year closer to 35 because I don't feel that old. Last year was a good year for me and I normally don't dwell on birthdays, but with this one being one step closer to 35 I have been thinking a lot about my birthday today.
I am so thankful for the past years and the life I have been blessed to live but I want to do more. And what better time to make a to-do list than the year before my 35th birthday. Below is a list of 35 things to I want to accomplish before I turn 35 on May 5, 2013. I like lists and I like to scratch things off my list. It makes me feel productive and accomplished and it holds me accountable. I hope I will be able to scratch off many of these items by this time next year. Here is my "35 before 35" list in no particular order...
1. Get a massage, manicure or pedicure at least once a month
2. Read 35 books
3. Lose that 25 lbs I can't get rid of
4. Go glamping!
5. Buy a Kindle
6. Submit my writing to Lifeway
7. Plant hydrangeas in my backyard and not kill them
8. Run a 5k - Started my 5k training this morning!
9. Attend a play/concert at the Fox in Atlanta
10. Redecorate my master bedroom
11. Ride a horse
12. Read through the entire bible 13. Make Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls - Made these on the 4th of July! You can read about it here.
14. Complete 35 acts of kindness and keep a gratitude journal on each
15. Take my two nephews on an overnight trip
16. Pay off my credit card
17. Learn to use my sewing machine
18. Eat at Paula Deen's Restaurant in Savannah
19. Take a weekend getaway to the mountains
20. Mail birthday/anniversary cards to all family members
21. Purchase and restore a piece of furniture for my home
22. Learn to say no and give myself more time to rest
23. Cook dinner more than once or twice a week
24. Establish a more routine quiet time
25. Drink more water 26. Purchase a new kitchen table and chairs - My parents "gifted" this to me on my birthday! 27. Get a blog makeover and become more consistent in posting - Got a blog makeover... The rest is yet to be seen!
28. Attend at least one sporting event at the University of Alabama in the following sports: football, baseball, basketball, softball, gymnastics and hockey
29. Reconnect with old friends and make new ones
30. Take an unexpected road trip to the beach one weekend
31. Go white water rafting
32. Go to a drive-in movie theater
33. Experience a sunset and a sunrise at Mt. Cheaha
34. Fall in love
35. Worry less, laugh more and enjoy the life I've been blessed with!
Hi! My name is Paige and I love in sweet home Alabama. I am single, but I live within 15 minutes of my sister, her husband and my two nephews. I love having them so close to me and we have lots of fun together. My family means the world to me and I am so blessed to still have two grandmothers and a grandfather in my life at 34 years old. My parents are incredible people who have always put us first, and we love spending time together when we can!
I work at a PK3 - 12 grade college-preparatory private school where I am responsible for the development, marketing and alumni activities of the school. I L-O-V-E my job and have been a part of the school for seven years.
I am involved in our church in Sunday School, assisting with the youth group and will be working with our children's choirs in the fall to prepare for our annual church musical. Church has always been a huge part of my life and I am so blessed to have found a church family here that reminds me so much of the church I grew up in as a child.
I love cooking, crafting, reading, photography and blogging! I also have a cooking blog that hasn't gotten much attention lately but that I would like to post to on a regular basis.
I look forward to meeting you and following your blogs.
Have a great week!
Link up your post and be sure to include an introduction of YOU!
Operation Smile is an international charity that provides medical treatment for children who are born with facial deformities, including cleft palates and cleft lips. Since 1982, they have provided treatment to over 2 million children. Visit their site or blog to learn more about this organization and how you can get involved.
I love to come across companies or small business that support charitable works through giving back to these organizations. I recently learned about CampusBookRentals.com. This site offers college books for rent, saving 40-90% off bookstore prices. They also offer free shipping both ways and flexible renting periods. With each textbook rented, CampusBookRentals also donates to Operation Smile. You can read more about their Making A Difference program on their site.
Be sure to follow CampusBookRentals on Facebook or Twitter for updates and news on their services.
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post but all opinions are my own.
I am a 'door-keeper', daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, niece, cousin and friend to many. I am a single young lady trusting the Lord and the plans he has for my life. I was born in sweet home Alabama and love being a G.R.I.T.S. girl (Girl Raised in the South).