Saturday, October 30, 2010
- Old Navy is having a huge outerwear sale in their stores today and online. I got two coats today for less than $100. If you are looking for a new coat, go check it out. The red coat with the ruffles was on my Christmas Wish List. Mom said to go ahead and get it and that would be one gift from her and dear 'ol dad. And I love the color green so I couldn't resist buying it as a present to myself!
- I crossed two more Christmas presents off my list this week. I purchased Pandora black leather bracelets for two family members and these two charms.
- Those of you who read my blog know that I am not married and I do not have kids of my own. I sometimes feel inferior posting on my blog because I can't post about my husband or my kids, and I think "who wants to read about my single life anyway." My heart has been so heavy the past few weeks thinking about my own state of being single. And then this week, I received two emails that have allowed me to remove my focus on being single and refocus of the Lord. If you are single, or know someone who is single, please read or share these links... Letting God Fill the "Husband" Void and A Book On Singleness.
- It was Homecoming week at school! We had a great week, but I am glad it's over and we can get back to a normal school day. Our football team won last night and will travel to play in the first-round of the state play-offs.
- I bought and installed iLife '11 on my Mac this week and I am in love with all the upgrades Apple included.
- Chocolate Caramel coffee creamer from International Delight made my Saturday morning great!
- It is race weekend in the great state of Alabama, and living 25 miles from the track we get to see lots of race fans! Talladega Superspeedway is hosting Hallo-Dega this weekend and has a ton of fun planned around the races and Halloween. And yes, I will be pulling for #88 Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
- I love to read but have read all the books I had on my reading list so I am looking for some recommendations. What good books have you read lately?
- Go check out my recipe blog. I posted two new recipes - Paula Deen's Pimento Cheese and Spiderweb Cupcakes.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Saturday, October 23, 2010
- I have been asked by my Mom to make a Christmas list. This is kind of tough for me because I generally just go out and get what I need and don't have to ask for it. I have come up with three things that I am going to add to my list: Old Navy Ruffled Coat in Red, Keurig Brewing System and an Elephant Charm for my Pandora bracelet. What is on your Christmas wish list?
- This is Homecoming week at school and I generally make a fun treat for Friday for our senior class. I came across these Halloween Spider Web Cupcakes while blog hopping this morning and plan to make these this week. Go check out Little Birdie Secrets for more ideas and tutorials.
- I am ready for some SEC football today. ROLL TIDE!
- I posted a yummy recipe for Camp Stew over on my recipe blog. It's easy and yummy for these brisk fall days.
- I won a giveaway a few weeks ago to the online store Abby Maddy Designs. I chose a set of four burp clothes to give to one of our teachers expecting a baby girl. They were a hit at the shower. If you are looking for a baby gift, tutu or fun accessories, please go check out this site!
- I am participating in a bible study at church and we are studying "Bad Girls of the Bible" by Liz Curtis Higgs. It is a study of the "other" women of the bible - Delilah, Rahab, Jezebel to name a few - and the lessons we can learn from them and God's grace. It has been a great study. Have any of you completed this study?
- Canvas People is offering a free 8x10 canvas (a $55 value). I think I may be crossing another Christmas gift off my list today!
- Can I ask you to pray for our band director? He is 37 years old and has been diagnosed with LeioMyoSarcoma. He, his wife and three children have relocated to M.D. Anderson in Houston, TX for the next six months and he begins chemotherapy/radiation. We are claiming John 14 and "The Prayer of Faith" (James 4:13-20) during this time!
- The Not-So-Blog is giving away an adorable set of note cards from SanLori. Go check out the giveaway details here and enter for your chance to win!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Monday, October 4, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Lisa Leonard is coming to Alabama and she wants to meet up with other Alabama Bloggers!!
Amanda, Rhoda, Rachel and Lisa are planning a gathering at Jennifer Harwell Gallery on Friday, October 15, 2010, from 12 - 2 P.M. and everyone is welcome. Lisa will be in town shooting a segment with ABC's Talk of Alabama.
Will you help get the word out? Well thanks... I know you wouldn't mind. And if you blog, tweet or Facebook about the event be sure to head over to Rachel's blog and leave a comment to be entered to win a $50 gift certificate to Lisa Leonard Designs.
So mark your calendars and bring a friend. Come meet Lisa, mingle, eat cupcakes, check out jewelry and meet some new Alabama blogging friends!